Sunday, July 22, 2012

Firm Obedience

“I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.” Psalm 119:30 NIV1984

Truth is also about faithfulness and integrity. It's the opposite of falsehood and unfaithfulness. Living out the truth means I am willing to seek it out through a careful study of God's word, and then, with integrity, I will seek to find out how this truth impacts my thoughts, feelings, decisions, and ultimately my course of action. A common mistake that people make, and that I make, too, is to become an irrelevant theologian. What I mean is that I hear God's truth but I don't practice it. In other words, my theology is irrelevant to my life. This should not be. What I hear, I do. And it must be a clear, committed choice for me. God will not choose it on my behalf. He has already shown me the way through His word. I must make the choice to follow His ways or else. This decision must be firm. I must set my heart to follow His will because I love Him.

No comments: