Saturday, April 13, 2013

True Righteousness


"...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:23-24)
A friend asked me point blank, "So where do you think I'm going when I die?" Knowing fully well that he is not a believer in Christ, I answered him point blank also, "Hell." He looked at me amused and bit alarmed. Then he said, "So you mean all the good that I have done is nothing? I should have been a criminal then instead!" "Well," I said, "I don't mean to hurt you. It's just the truth. Whether it's you or me, the Bible is clear that all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God." Then I quoted the passage above. I also told him, "Everyone is guilty. Apart from God's grace, no one can be saved. To fall from God's glory is to fall short of His intentions. Everyone is guilty. No one is good enough to be righteous before God. God's purpose for man is for him to manifest the true image and likeness of God. That is what true righteousness is all about. But the sad reality is that no one has attained this, except Jesus Christ. That's why through Him alone everyone can be justified. Everyone can be forgiven and be made righteous before God. Through faith in Jesus, God forgives us, and then by His mercy and grace, He credits the righteousness of Christ on us, thus making us righteous before God. This is a gift from God. Therefore, salvation is a gift." He looked at me, as if processing all that I have said. Then he answered, "That's why I'm trying to be a good person." Apparently, he did not understand a single word I said. If you're reading this, and you understand what I am saying, then it's time for you to open your heart to God. Click here to begin your journey toward true righteousness.


Subscribe to our FREE daily devotional. http://eepurl.com/n4edP