Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Committed to Completion

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:3-6 NIV 1984

God is committed to complete what He has begun. He won't leave you hanging in mid-air. When He saved you, His purpose was to save you completely. This is important to remember, because we often get discouraged mid-stream. We often see our failures as dead ends. We imagine that God is through with us because we fail to obey Him in some area. Our concept of salvation is sometimes too man-centered. We need to recover the biblical teaching of God's faithfulness. He will complete what He has begun in your life and my life. We will be restored completely into the image and likeness of God through Christ Jesus. So stop worrying and feeling sorry or guilty for yourself. Confess any sin and continue trusting in Him. Start living with joy and celebration!

No comments: